Summer is here, and so are the trends, but what remains important is to take care of your skin properly. Ignoring skin care can lead to premature ageing, dull appearance and long term skin issues. Today I’d be sharing with you guys all the summer care essentials you need to keep your skin healthy, glowing and nourished.
Face is the part of our body that is perhaps the most visible. You can cover up your arms and legs, but you can’t cover your face. Can you? Proper care of face is extremely important. Below are the list of products you need to tackle summer problems.
- A very good facial cleanser. The type of cleanser you use should depend on your skin need. If you have a dry skin go for a hydrating cleanser, something that contains glycerin, shea butter, coconut, or aloe vera. These ingredients are rich in hydrating skin and are great for dry skin type. For oily skin, go for a cleanser that is aimed to eliminate oil and impurities from the face. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is great for sensitive skins.
- Cleansing Wipes are great for removing makeup, sweat (eww), and impurities.
- The harsh weather of summer can damage your skin and result in more dead cells. Use a gentle facial scrub to get rid off the dead cells. Tip: Don’t go for harsh scrubs that can dry your skin, or make it scaly.
- Go for facial mists. They are more gentle on skin than toners, and are rich in natural calming properties like aloe vera, chamomile, etc.
- Dry weather can make your skin dry and dehydrated, hence using a hydrating cream is essential. Use one with natural ingredients like glycerin, aloe vera, shea butter, coconut, etc. You can also use creams enriched with vitamins.
- Eye cream. Your eyes need as much care as any other part of your body. During the daytime use a hydrating one, and at night, you may use your anti-ageing eye cream. Tip: Try not to use anti-ageing creams, or those with harsh chemicals during the day time as they might react with sunlight and result in more damage.
- Sunscreen. How to choose the perfect sunscreen for yourself? Firstly, choose according to your skin type. Once you’ve done that, look for the right SPF. If the temperature is more than 35 degrees, go for spf 40 and more. If the temperature is between 30 to 35 you can go for spf 30 to 35. Don’t skip the sunscreen even when you’re home or just sitting inside your office, and make sure to reapply it after every few hours.
- Lip balm. Give some care to your lips.
- You will need blotting paper to remove excess oil from your faces, without disturbing the makeup.
- Face pack hash face mask. Clay masks are great for removing impurities and oil from the face. People with dry skin should choose a hydrating mask, and those with acne-prone skin should use a face mask enriched with acne eliminating properties.
Taking care of your body is as important as taking care of your face. The harsh summer conditions can make your body look dull, lustreless, and age rapidly. Here are a few tips:
- Use a moisturising soap or shower gel.
- Scrub, scrub, scrub to remove all the dead cells from the body.
- Just as your face needs sun protection your body needs it too. So use a sunscreen.
- Lather on some body butter or even a body oil to nourish your body skin.
- For shaving your hair, use a good quality razor.
- Include a body brush in your routine. It would exfoliate your skin better, plus regular use of body brush is found to tone down the appearance of new stretch marks.
Never ignore your feet, even if you have been wearing socks all day. Below are some tips:
- Foot scrub. Dry weather can make your feet more dry, and keeping them in socks or shoes all day long can only dehydrate them. Lather some foot scrub on your feet and scrub off with a pumice stone.
- If scrub is not your thing then use Dr Scholl’s pedi tool. It works on the principle of a foot file and will get you instant result.
- And lastly, never sleep before applying a generous amount of foot cream.
Hands are often the most neglected part of our bodies. Whether it’s winter or summer one should never skip using a hand cream. Tip: If you don’t want to spend extra money on buying a hand cream then buy a multi-purpose cream, like Vaseline petroleum jelly. You can use it on your hands, feet, lips, and any other dry parts.
Brittle hair, split ends, lustreless and dry hair are some of the hair problems people generally face during the summers. But with the below simple steps you can easily take care of them.
- You don’t need to wash your hair every.single.day. Just use a dry shampoo. Tip: You can use a talcum powder as a dry shampoo, and save money.
- Don’t let the hot winds take away the shine from your locks. Use a shine spray.
- Always tame your wet hair with wide-tooth comb or brush.
- If the hot tools are damaging your hair, worry not. Deep condition your hair with a repairing hair mask atleast once a week.
These were my tips for staying glowing and radiant all summer. Wanna share some tips? Write them below in the comment box.